Ask El Camino


Our Best Answer - Can I use my Advanced Placement test score to clear a prerequisite?

Advanced Placement Tests

High school students who enroll at El Camino College may petition for college credit based on high school Advanced Placement courses. Credit will be given for the following courses if the student has taken the appropriate Advanced Placement Test and received a score of 3,4 or 5.  (No credit will be given for a score of 1 or 2.)  The maximum number of units granted will be 15.

Students who plan to transfer are advised that the specific transfer institution will determine unit and course credit for AP exams.  Please refer to the College Catalog or the website of the appropriate transfer institution for specific information.

For more info, go to:


Are you satisfied with your answer?


Having trouble finding your answer?

Top 10 Questions